I Was Just A Jerk' John Mayer

I Was Just A Jerk' John Mayer


John Mayer has admitted that he was a "jerk" in some of his past relationships.
In a forthcoming interview with CBS Sunday Morning the singer reflected harshly on his reputation as a kiss-and-tell heartbreaker.
"I was just a jerk," the 35-year-old Mayer tells host Anthony Mason.
"It's very liberating when you finally realize it's impossible to make everyone like you," Mayer said, adding, "I wanted everybody to like me. I thought I was one shuck and jive away in every direction."
The Grammy winner was forced to take a break from touring last year for 10 months so that he could recover from vocal cord surgery.
He confessed that getting over the negative reaction resulting from his media interviews was a lot harder than dealing with the recurrent granuloma that nearly took his voice.