Steve Harvey Issues Apology for Controversial Tweet About Comedians

Steve Harvey Issues Apology for Controversial Tweet About Comedians

 Prominent TV host and comedian Steve Harvey has taken to social media to apologize for a recent tweet that stirred controversy among his fans and followers. The tweet, posted on August 26, 2023, requested fans to name a comedian they found unfunny, leading to accusations of disrespect and divisiveness.

Harvey promptly clarified that he was not the author of the tweet, attributing it to an employee who manages his Twitter account. Expressing his frustration, Harvey stated, "Somebody that works for me on my Twitter put a statement out that was totally negative. It was not me. I don’t know who did it. I don’t know why they did it. But I’m so pissed off about it because it’s not me."

In a heartfelt video message, Harvey extended his sincere apologies to the comedic community and emphasized his deep respect for fellow comedians. He stressed that he would never intend to undermine his peers and acknowledged their role in shaping his career. Harvey expressed regret for any confusion or hurt caused by the tweet and hoped for forgiveness from his fans.

"To all the comedians out there," Harvey conveyed, "I love y’all. I respect y’all. I admire y’all. You’re the reason I’m here. You’re the reason I have a career. And I would never do anything to harm any of you."



Harvey expressed gratitude to his supporters for their unwavering loyalty and pledged to continue spreading laughter and positivity through his work. He shared his affection for his audience, saying, "Thank you for being with me all these years. Thank you for supporting me. Thank you for laughing with me. And thank you for letting me make you laugh."

Renowned for hosting iconic shows like "Family Feud," "The Steve Harvey Show," and "Celebrity Family Feud," as well as his involvement in projects like "Miss Universe," Harvey is also an accomplished author, producer, and actor. He has made his mark in movies such as "Think Like a Man," "The Original Kings of Comedy," and "Happy Gilmore." Presently, he is engaged in the production of "Steve on Watch," a Facebook Watch series featuring celebrity interviews and interactions with everyday individuals.

Harvey's commitment to rectifying the situation and his ongoing dedication to his fans and fellow comedians underscore his enduring presence in the entertainment industry.


0 Comments: