Selena Gomez said, I am a big romantic

Selena Gomez said, I am a big romantic




Selena Gomez insists she's a Big romantic but  not really looking  for a boyfriend.
The 20-year-old star admitted fame makes it hard to be open with potential suitors and revealed she is happy to be single.


Speaking to The Sun Sunday newspaper, she said: “I am a big romantic and I want to be very open and trusting but you need to protect yourself.
In January of this year, it was reported that Gomez and on-off boyfriend Justin Bieber had broken up again after initially confirming their romance at the Vanity Fair Oscar party in February 2011.
The actress told the publication being a celebrity makes her more nervous about potential romancers because she’s never sure about their intentions.
She explained: ''It makes you more wary sometimes about meeting people because you don't know whether they want to get close to you because of what you do or because they really like your company and just want to hang out with you.''
She said: “I’m not even a big party girl who wants to stay out until six in the morning. I have a natural instinct not to go overboard. That’s not because I’m worried about bad publicity but just because I think you can have a good time and not lose control.
“We all make mistakes and we have to learn from them, and that’s what growing up is all about. I think my fans trust me and know me to a certain extent and there’s also something to my not wanting to disappoint them.”
''That's something all young people go through in life and there's no point in shying away from that fact.''